Archive for February, 2010
Our outpost and sectional races have been big successes! Come to the state-wide District Race on March 20th, 2010 @
Cost: $5 per car (limit one car per person, per category)
All cars can race – not just the winners.
March 6, 2010 – right here at Phoenix First! Registration is from 8a to 9a and the first race is at 8:30. We expect to race until about 1p but we will try to make it go faster.
In addition to the regular racing categories – there are new awards for Best Craftsmanship, Most Original, Most Patriotic and Best Royal Ranger Representation. There is also a new Best FCF Representation as well.
It is going to be a great day of racing. Check out the flyer and join us on the 6th. CVS Pinewood Derby Packet ’10
Check out the video Max H made from our Outpost Derby!
Join us Saturday 2/13/10 at the Phoenix First Assembly Children’s Pavilion for a day full of Pinewood derby fun.
- 9am Pinewood Derby workshop. Finish up your car for the outpost race or start a new one for the Sectional race.
- 1pm Outpost Pinewood Derby Race. Bring your finished cars and race!
We will have tools, weight, graphite and paint available for the workshop. It is always a great time to finish up a car and learn some tricks of the trade.
Win cool medals – even trophies – at the Outpost Race starting at 1pm. We will start checking cars in starting at 12:30 and hope to be racing by 1:15.
Join us for a great day.
Here are the Pastor’s School Resources we talked about. Blessings!
- Plans for the air cannon
- One easy option Don’t like their idea for the bicycle valve (we went to a car parts store and bought a tire valve)
- Video of some guys making one
- We took the best ideas – visited Home Depot – and patched one together. We didn’t bother with the wiring because it was going to be a one-time shot… just unscrewed the solenoid. We’ll take some pictures for ya or answer any questions after you check out the above.
- Plans for the paper gun… we came up with this on our own. Simple. (Video soon)
- Supplies: Gas leaf blower, Duct tape, 1 wire coat-hanger, 1 jumbo roll of crepe paper (300-500ft)
- Cut the wire coat-hanger into an 18″ length
- Put the roll on the wire and bend the wire into a U.
- Duct tape the wire U onto the end of the leaf blower with the roll of paper hanging in front of the air stream – AND with the unwinding end of the roll closest to the blower.
- It is helpful to bend the wire up slightly so that the air stream hits the bottom of the roll.
- Unroll a few feet of the paper and fire up the blower. Mayhem ensues.
- Plans for the marshmallow shooter
- List of tools for Digital Rangers
- We use WordPress.com (this site)
- CafePress – for selling our cool stuff
- Flickr - for storing pictures and video
- Google Calendar – for schedules etc
- EventBrite - for event registrations
- Vodpod – for collecting videos from Youtube and elsewhere
- DimDim – for holding free web meetings
- Anything else we can find when we come across a cool free thing…
- Seek & Save 2009 – Taking Rangers to the iPod Generation
If you need something else – or if we can help – please let us know!
So far, we’ve covered the pastors in army parachute men, puff balls, crepe paper & tiny marshmallows. What is going to happen next?
Head to church tonight (2/2) for the special presentation and then tomorrow for a praise party you won’t want to miss.